Abortion Pill / Medication Abortion
Up to 11.0 weeks from first day of last menstrual period (LMP)
Call for appointment (575) 888-4623 | Request appointment online
What is the Abortion Pill
The Abortion Pill is a combination of two medications that are taken in our center and in the privacy of your own home. Some women report the medication abortion as being “private” and “more like a miscarriage”.
- You will take the first pill in our center. It blocks progesterone, a hormone needed to continue the pregnancy.
- 24-48 hours after taking the first pill in our center, you will take the second set of pills at home.
- They gently soften and open the cervix so that the discontinued pregnancy can pass through.
- Most women will completely expel the uterine contents within 6 hours after taking the set of pills at home.
- You will experience vaginal bleeding similar to a heavy menstrual period and intense cramps.
- Most women could continue to bleed lightly up to their next period.
The medication abortion (Abortion Pill) is 95-98% effective in completely ending a pregnancy. Effectiveness can depend on the treatment regimen and length of pregnancy. Most uses of the Abortion Pill are successful. An incomplete abortion can safely be treated with additional medication or a surgical abortion available here at our center.
One week later at your third visit to our center, you will be evaluated to determine the completeness of the abortion with a repeat ultrasound. This appointment is included in the price you pay the day you take the first dose of medication and is a required visit.
Contraception will be discussed and prescribed.
Learn more about what you can expect on the day of your procedure.
Be aware of Crisis Pregnancy Centers (CPCs) and steer clear of them.
~ answers and info ~
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
~ patient comments ~
I was extremely impressed with the staff, doctors, and the overall cleanliness of the facility! The whole experience was less stressful than expected.” – Google review
They were all extremely professional, personable, and kept me calm through the entire process. It’s very clean and comfortable place.” – former patient
Great place. Genuinely care about women. Safe environment. No judgment. Kind staff. Variety of health services. Reliable health care the way it should be!” – Google review
Nice clean office
Staff and doctors made me feel very comfortable. I’ve been to other offices in the area, this one is the best by far!!!” – former patient
Right to make a choice
People should have the right to make a choice. Thank y’all for all you do.” – Google review